Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Friday, February 17, 2017

Next project waterfront

My next project will be a waterfront dock scene on the recent layout extension.  I have started this by adding a small water extension along the layout extension.  I added a 4 foot long, 4 inch wide board which I painted a mixture of black, brown and green acrylic paint mixed together while wet.  When dry, I covered it with a coat of Envirotex Lite.  That is still drying with the assistance of a lamp.


You can see the building supply company in the background.  The black strip above the water area will be covered by a wood or stone sea wall.  Above the sea wall will be a dock and a series of structures.  There will probably be a boat or two in the water.  I have been dong some research for inspiration photos and sketches for these structures.  Most will be deteriorated.  This should be fun.

I also built a Jordan Products panel truck lettered for the hat company.  Sadly Jordan products is no longer in business due to the death of the owner/operator.  I once had many of these great kits but sold a lot on eBay.  Still have some left.


The truck will be parked at the loading dock ready for some product for shipment.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this will prove to be an interesting addition.