Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Waterfront dock

I have completed the basic waterfront dock about 1/3 of the way along the waterfront area, and have detailed the hill at the right end of the waterfront.  The dock is all board by board so I could make it look weathered and used.  The hill at the right is a continuation of the hill next to the building supply company.  I placed two figures fishing at the base of the hill where the waterfront has a stone pier.


At the left of the photo is the front of the first waterfront structure I am building.  It will be the Harbor Inn with a small restaurant on the ground floor and rooms on the upper floor.  There will be an outside staircase on the right side of the building.  The restaurant will of course be a seafood restaurant.

This will be the third waterfront scene on my layout.  The other two are on the main layout.


Above is my harbor which as a car float and several boats.


Above is a coal dock with another narrow board water area which has a coal barge on it.  The coal dock is a modified kit with a narrow gauge line that enters from the right with hoppers from a coal mine on the mountain.  Both are at the entrance to the main layout room.

I noticed a notation on my Google blogger account the other day that said I have used about half of my allotted space.  That made me curious about my past postings and I was surprised to see I have been doing this blog for almost 6 years.  My early posts were quite sparse so I guess I can keep this up perhaps for another 4 or 5 years.  I could delete some of my earlier posts to make room and will probably do that some time in the future.






No comments: