Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Friday, January 19, 2018

Small horse barn model

This is a model of a small horse barn which will be placed near the small town street I am building.  The barn is for one horse - Georgie - who is used to haul wagons in the town.  You can see Georgie entering the barn after a day of work.  The person assisting him into his stall was a cheap plastic policeman figure which I modified.


I did some interior detail which as usual is not very visible - but I know it is there.  The floor in the barn is littered with "hay" which I made from small paint brush clippings from an old paint brush.  They actually look good.


The barn is sitting on a section of folder cardstock so I could add some scenery, which would be difficult after it is installed on the layout as it will not be near the layout edge.


The roof is made from pieces of corrugated metal which was painted, stained and then dusted with chalk.

My next structure will be another building for the street scene but I have not yet decided what it will be.



No comments: