Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Victorian house model start

My next structure on the town street will be an old victorian style house.  I did some research and got some ideas and created a sketch that is the basis for this model.  This is only part of the front of the house.


The upper porch will have a railing and a roof with a peaked house roof above that.  The windows and doors are all Grandt Line parts.  The posts are cast metal parts.  I am still debating on some of the features of the house - I just make up this stuff as I go along.  Sometimes that makes for problems but they all seem to work out somehow.  Thankfully there will not be any interior details.

Below is a vintage 1920 or so truck hauling a tower.  There is a trailer at the back to support this fairly tall tower.  I expect getting the tower upright was fun.


I assume the guy standing on the top was only there for the photo.  This would make for an interesting model but I do not think I will build it.




No comments: