Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Friday, October 21, 2016

Soap factory power house

This power house will attach to the right side of the other buildings.  The walls are hydrocal cement block castings by C C Crow,   I added some interior details which are really hard to see when looking in the door and are invisible in this photo.  The stack is a commercial casting.  The coal bucket elevator on the right corner was made from card stock.  It feeds a coal bin on the inside.  There will be a hole in the layout under the hoist for a coal dump.


I still have more weathering to do but wanted to get this posted.


The window on this side has a "metal" plate covering it.  There is a ladder to the roof on this side.


The door on the left will have a ramp up to it and will connect to the loading dock being built for the previous building.


Above is a prototype bucket elevator I used as a guide in constructing my model.


Above is an example of a power house with the bucket hoist that I modeled.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's yet another interesting detail. i never gave a thought at how something like loading coal into a building was accomplished if not x gravity (into the basement).