Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Soap factory start

This is the first building of the soap factory partially completed - no roof and lots of details to be added.  I started with parts of a Design Preservation Models kit I had left over.  I replaced the windows and blanked off several.  The dark windows on the right of image 2 are "metal" plates which will have a vent installed.


I have decided to name this the Dopp Soap factory.  I wrestled with lots of names and came up with Dopp as that was the name of a soap machinery company in the 1920s.


The open door will have a small industrial railroad track coming out and going to the next building.  The next structure will be the power house.


Above is the original DPM wall - the door was cut out to the base.  The window mullions were cut out and replaced with more appropriate windows.  While I sold off most of my unused kits on Ebay, the DPM were so cheap it was not with the while to do that.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have just gone through the whole website and posts to 2011. i can see 75 years of hobby history here. bravo for allowing everyone to look into your corner of the Hobby.