Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Logging area

Below is a portion of my logging area on the mountain.  The logging area is served by an HOn3 narrow gauge line which hauls the logs to the sawmill.  I have installed sound in the logging area using the Fantasonics logging operations sound CD.  It provides the sounds of sawing, chopping, trees falling and environmental sounds such as birds in the woods.  At this time the logging area is incomplete though mostly sceniced.  The one key thing missing is the means of moving the cut logs and loading them onto the railcars.  I plan to use the McGiffert log loader which I am about to build from the Rio Grande Models cast metal kit  I really like their kits and have built a number of them.


My logging area is reached by a steep line around the mountain culminating in a small switchback into the logging site.

No comments: