Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Gas and Steam show April 14th

I attended the local annual Gas & Steam show at a nearby agricultural park last Sunday.  As usual there were lots of vintage tractors and vehicles, plus a variety of old steam and gasoline pumps and weird machinery.  It is close by and usually has something new each year.  This year there was a really neat old 1914 police truck that was used in New Hampshire until 1927.



This truck is in great shape and runs nicely.

Another item at the show that I found interesting was a 1937 farm dozer.  Just a little older than me.


This little guy was used just like a regular farm tractor but had better traction and a pulley on the rear for operating other machinery.


Of course there were a few nice Peerless steam tractors as usual.


Another old unusual gasoline tractor.


And I had to take a photo of this tractor - the money pit.


These guys buy old tractors and restore them as a hobby and it is not inexpensive, hence the slogan on the side of the tractor.

This event is always fun and each day concludes with a parade of the tractors a vehicles.  Of course I always buy a plate of funnel cake to eat while watching the parade.

No comments: