Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Vintage hot metal cars and my next project

These hot metal cars are circa about 1911 or so, built for a mill in the Pittsburgh PA area.


These were pre bottle car hot metal cars - looks kind of like a hot metal ladle on wheels.

My Next Project

I am now building a brick structure to adjoin the galvanizing plant so the weird triangle structure has something to adjoin.  It is similar to the structure in the prototype photo.  I have created the four walls but no windows or doors yet.  Most of this last week were spent on the usual research and planning.

The Fox Saga

Here is a photo of a disappointed fox who did not find any food in his bowl.


The fox is pissing on the bowl to mark it as his territory just in case another critter got there first.  This photo was taken at sunset thus the lighting effects.  We only put food in the bowl when we have leftover scraps or bones thus there are more days with no food than with food.  There are always squirrels they can eat.  This photo occurred before the recent snow and really cold weather - so much for global warming.  I am looking forward to summer!!


No comments: