Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Sunday, February 5, 2017

Hat Factory start

I have started on the hat factory model.  It has presented some challenges.  I started with the Design Preservation Models Laube's Linen Mill kit - one of the few kits I still have.  It would have been easier to just build it from scratch.  In any event, the brick structure is the kit and the wood part that covers the back area and the rear  part of each side is scratch built.  This is obviously a work in progress.


I modified all of the windows in the kit.  The windows in the wood part are by Tichy.  I have put some rudimentary details inside the lower floor of the brick structure as they may be visible when the structure is complete.  There will be a loading dock between the two structure sections.


Lots more work to be done.


The rear section of the left side will be covered by part of the wood structure so I did not bother changing the windows.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

another great lineside industry. from the january 31 entry, i really like the colorized photo #2.

perhaps your hat factory could have a R&D Department fore-running the development of the "hard hat" now used in most construction work? i saw a film about the Hoover Dam project and the workers were wearong regular hats stiffened by the application of tar. yuk!

following along.