Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Lithography shop model

 This model is a lithograph shop.  Lithography in recent times is a printing method using plastic or metal plate.  It was originally a means of printing using a stone surface. This shop model will have a garage added for a truck.  


There is an interior detail inside by the front window and as usual cannot be seen.  




The oil tank on the side of the building was made from a wood dowel that was sanded to get smooth sides.

The stack was made from a plastic sprue.  

Many years ago I had a newspaper customer who had recently changed from printing with metal type to a more modern system but still had the metal type devices sitting in their hallway.  It was interesting.  They are no longer in business. 

I am struggling doing this blog update since the blogger company just changed their process and i really do not like their changes. It is much more difficult and I find no advantages.  




1 comment:

Galen Gallimore said...

Stan - you are not the only blogger wrestling with these changes. I too have been frustrated with somebody's desire to fix something that wasn't broken. That said, if possible, please keep sharing your work and if you change platforms let me know so I can follow you wherever you end up. I enjoy seeing what you do. Best wishes for a successful blog, Galen.