Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Crate shop model complete

 This model took longer than expected to build.  Partly due to some of the details and partly because I had other non-modeling issues to deal with.  The work area is the open area on the left.  There is a boiler, a saw, a lumber rack, some saw horses, some shelves, and a scrap cart.  Many of those items are commercial parts.  The roof is black paper for tar paper.  




On the left side of the work area is a wood fence.  Attached to the fence is a set of shelves.  


Above you see the loading dock which also gives access to the shop interior which is mostly for storage.  There are a lot of crates on the platform - all commercial parts.  I put some crate images on the right wall of the shop.  The windows are commercial parts from Tichy.  

Now to plan my next model.


1 comment:

Galen Gallimore said...

Stan,

Another good looking structure. I'd really like to see a photo of your work space where you build these models. Any chance of making a blog post about that?

Thanks,

Galen