Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Industrial Water tanks

As I mentioned before I need to make a water tank for my tannery.  I have been doing some research to see what appeals to me.  The photo below is from a 1930s industrial catalog by a company that made wood tanks for many applications.  the tanks were ordered apparently as kits rather than pre-assembled.  They were delivered by railroad.  Some of the tanks were huge being as much as 50 feet in diameter.  The intended uses ranged over a wide spectrum.  They even supplied wood pipe and flumes.  I am probably going to make my water tower a wood tower based on a design in the book.  This photo is a collage of the types of tanks they supplied.  The original photo was not much better.


They also supplied water tanks for railroad use including the standard hardware.  Another type of tank they sold were settling tanks.  

No comments: