Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dyeworks building

Finally I have more or less finished the major dyeworks building.  I am still tinkering with it and will be adding more details including signs.  The basic building is brick using a variety of brick products including one side wall from an old Downtown Deco kit, one side wall from CC Crow, and the front wall from brick laser engraved wood by Monster Modelworks. The back which will never be seen is embossed cardstock brick from and old SS Ltd kit - I have an extensive collection of spare parts.  The upper story is wood.  All windows and doors are commercial parts from my collection of windows and doors.  The water tank is wood - the first tank I built for my tannery but found it to be too small, but it fits here.  The left side of the building has some piping (made from plastic sprues) that will be connected to a set of tanks yet to be completed.



The small wood shed on the right is an entrance to the building.  As usual this building bears little resemblance to my original rough sketch, which is why I don't spend time drawing plans.  

This took longer than I expected as I was doing work in the yard due to the unusually warm March weather.  The plants are blooming early and the weeds are rampant.

No comments: