Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Dyeworks installed

The dye works is now installed.  It is located to the right of the brickworks I described long ago.


The piping on the main dye works structure is now connected to the various tanks.  I modified the piping to suit the final configuration.  You can see a little of the repair shop behind the tank platform.


I have named the dyeworks for Roger Sekera, a friend.  There is an empty, rusted barrel lying in front of the building next to the track (there are several others lying around).  I made the barrels from a soda straw which I painted a rust color, cut it to length, and glued a paper circle from a paper punch for the bottom.  A cheap and easy way to make hollow barrels.  I made about 16 of them so I have more to use in other locations.

In this view you can see the elevated walkway between the buildings.  There is a small stairway down to the roof at the left end of the walkway.  

Now I have to decide what my next construction project will be.  Meanwhile there is a lot of touch-up scenery work to be done on the layout.   

No comments: