Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Portable excavator & screening machinery

Back on September 6th I posted an image of a Fairbanks-Morse ballast loader vintage 1908.  Here are two similar machines from a 1906 Jeffrey Elevator & Conveyor catalog.  These machines are fascinating and as crude as they appear, they were better than hand loading which had been the standard.




These seem to be different machines though they could be just modifications of the same design.

I am still thinking about my next model build, although I just finished constructing a top superstructure for a  railroad bridge that has been on  the layout for over a year with only the bridge "floor" and track in place.  

No comments: