Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Inspection locomotive 1889

I have had this locomotive drawing and plans for many years with the thought I would build one,  but that now seems unlikely so I thought I would share them in the event someone else might like to build some form of this inspection locomotive.  The loco was built by the Schenectady Locomotive Works for the Delaware & Hudson Canal Company for the use of the superintendent.  The length between the points of the two pilots was 41 foot 5 inches - really small.  It traveled at 45 miles per hour with bursts up to 60 miles per hour.  It had an abundance of windows to provide an unobstructed view of the track.   The passenger area was fitted with a toilet closet, a writing desk, 3 drawing room car seats, and a sofa lounge which could be made into a bed.



 The name on the side of the loco is "Transit" and the number is 300.   A neat little loco.


No comments: