Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Monday, December 2, 2013

Burlesque house for my city

This structure took extra long because I did a lot of research - on the Internet.  This burlesque house will replace the structure I showed earlier.  It was an interesting build.


The front is mostly styrene with the upper part having a brick overlay.  The marquee over the front doors was made from clear acrylic with white paper having the signs pasted on the acrylic.  I made holes in the back underside of the Marquee for inserting small lights which will hopefully illuminate the marquee (I have not tried it yet).


As you can see, the structure is a short depth building front that fits against the wall.  The lower interior has no interior details but the upper windows have curtains and awnings.  Inside the right window you can see one of the girls changing clothes.  I doubt this will be visible when installed on the layout as the building is about 3 feet from the edge of the layout.


You can "barely" see her removing her dress over her head (she does however have her bra and panties on) - this is a family friendly layout.  That is if you do not consider the bordello with full interior detailing in the small town of Elder near the entrance to my layout.  The roof is removable on that but most people need to stand on a short step stool to see inside.



No comments: