Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Modified Jordan truck

I paused my structure build momentarily to build an old Jordan plastic kit I had sitting around.  My intent is to have the truck backed into the steam pump company preparing to get a load.  I have built many of the Jordan vehicles and have a stash of them from years ago.  These old versions are somewhat annoying to build, something I hope has been corrected with the newer kits.  This kit is a 1923 Mack truck chassis (just a cab and frame).  The kit approach to the Mack logo on the front of the truck was to have you cut out the printed logo from the instructions and glue it on - pathetic!  I skipped that step.  I built up the frame and added a wood bed from strip wood with a simulated iron plate at the front of the bed made from a small piece of styrene.


I added a license plate on the rear and dusted the truck with some red/brown chalk for a slight rust effect.  The wood strips on the bed were lightly distressed and dipped in my A/I mixture to age them.
 

1 comment:

vince altiere said...

Stan,

I also have one or two of the Jordan Mack Bulldog trucks. May I suggest getting a set of Sheepscot pneumatic tires and wheels for that model.They represent the trucks as modified in the 1930's and look great.Check out their website.

Vince Altiere