Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Steam pump company progress

I have made progress on my steam pump company though it has been slow.  Interior detail always seems to take more time than just building a structure.  After fiddling with interior lighting I decided to skip it since the very open clerestory windows on the roof made it too hard to hide the wiring.


I have added roof substructure everywhere but the lower front, and that will go on after I install the belt drive shaft and machinery belts along this side.  I will be adding more detail parts including several assembled steam pumps along with steam pump parts.  You can see the gantry crane on it's framing just left of center.  The roof will be covered with corrugated metal sheets.  I  will try at a later time to get some close-up photos of various parts of the interior.

The nice warm weather we are having is requiring a good bit of my time in the yard outside.  Lots of things growing outside now - grass, weeds, flowers...........   Some good, some not so good.


No comments: