Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Varnish company warehouse

I have finally completed the varnish company warehouse.  It is a partial structure as the back fits against a wall and the previously built melt shop connects to the upper platform on the left.  There may be additional work done on all of these buildings as I assemble the complex on the layout.


On the right side is an elevator for raising and lowering supplies and products.  I made it fairly open for effect, which was one factor taking time.  The elevator platform is at the top of the shaft ready to receive it's load.  There is an electric motor on the opposite side at the level of the upper platform.


I placed some details under the stairs but they are very hard to see.  I think this will look a little more impressive when combined with the rest of the structures and perhaps some backdrop painting on the wall - I guess we will see.


No comments: