Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Marion steam shovel progress

I have mostly finished the Rio Grande Models Marion steam shovel kit - other than the external body and roof.  I spent time creating a means for the shovel boom to turn only to realize the boom truss rods will not allow that to happen, so it does not turn.  Sigh ....  Well it will only be used for scenery anyway.


The model still requires some additional weathering.



While I like this company's kits, their instructions are somewhat sparse for a complex kit.  They do have great detail castings and make into a nice model.  I am now doing some planning for the body cover since it will not be exactly like the kit instructions.

Below is a photo of a Marion shovel from an old ad.


Looks like the crew is lined up for the publicity shot.

No comments: