Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Friday, August 8, 2014

Varnish company completed

The varnish company model is now complete.  I have added a little scenery and will add more after I lay some track in front of it.


I added a building flat behind the melt shop building to add some depth.  The flat is made from card stock with some relief items added such as sills under the windows and the roof line.  I also added a sign on the wall and a board fence at the base connected to the melt shop.  There is scenery at that side.  I also did some scenery between the melt shop and the warehouse although you cannot see it in this view.   I added a sign identifying the company as the Farwig Varnish Company.  The name is based on an early 1900's varnish container company located in Britain.  Besides I like short names.

I am now working on some small detail kit items.  The next industry model is under consideration.

No comments: