Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Warehouse delivering hoist

Due to the board by board building method I am using for this model, which includes cutting the strips, painting them unevenly to look weathered, then cutting to length and gluing to the structure - one at a time.  After the boards are installed I use a single edge razor blade to scratch in wood grain.  That is all still in progress.  Meanwhile I have installed 2nd and 3rd floor delivery doors with a hoist at the top.


Below are several vintage photos of structures with delivery hoists.





I have tried to capture the look of these hoists.  The hoists employ an I beam extending from the top of the top doorway.  Inside is an electric motor to raise and lower the hook.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Howdy! This article couldn't be written much better!
Looking through this article reminds me of my previous roommate!
He continually kept talking about this. I will send this article to him.

Fairly certain he's going to have a great read.
I appreciate you for sharing!