Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Monday, October 27, 2014

Chair company installed

I have installed the chair company model with an elevated passageway on the left adjoining the warehouse.  The chair company has an arrangement with the warehouse for storage of products.  Underneath the elevated passageway is a mirror to give the impression the road underneath goes on behind the structures.


I added some scenery in front of the structures along the wall.  There is a truck with a load of wood at the chair company loading door.  At the lower left of this photo I installed a trackside loading dock for rail shipments as neither the chair company nor the warehouse have rail side loading docks.

I have decided my next project will be a machinery repair shop with an outside yard containing machinery (tractors, trucks, etc) awaiting repair or in progress of being repaired. The yard area will be fenced in and there will be a structure with probably a covered, open work area.  I have not yet done a design but I am in the process of constructing some machinery for the yard.  Doing the machinery will be a slow process but the  amount of detail should make this interesting.


1 comment:

John Teichmoeller said...

I have sort of a soft spot for chair factories. When I went to college in Marietta, OH, the Freshman dorm was a former 4-story chair factory, part of the Marietta Chair Company. I'm sure it worried the college administration sick because it was probably a firetrap,and they tore it down either when I was still enrolled or shortly thereafter. By coincidence, one of the bentwood chairs I have in my office (that I "bought" from my late aunt because she salvaged them from a school where she had been principal) was made in that factory, or at least it has a label that says so.

JT