Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Monday, October 20, 2014

Chair company model

For this model I started with a DPM Laube's Linen Mill kit and used two and a half walls of the kit.  These kits are cheap and simple, and I have several of their kits on the shelf I never used.  I named the business Benenati's for a friend.


I added a wood addition in the front.  This model will be against the wall between the warehouse and the bilge barrel company.  There will be an elevated walkway between the chair company and the warehouse after installation.  That walkway enables the chair company to store chair products in the warehouse.


The details on the roof include a chimney, a roof-top stairway to the lower level, a vent, a chair and a small pile of lumber.


The chair company has been having business difficulties due to competition from more modern chair and furniture companies, but the trucking activity is still busy - wonder what may be going on?

Once I install the structure on the layout I will post a photo with the scenery details.

Over the last few weeks I was creating a clinic for the MER convention held this last weekend, so that slowed my progress on the model.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks terrific, as always. The chair on the roof is an inspired touch.

If I may make a suggestion, the typeface of the company sign (Times New Roman?) strikes me as out of keeping with the time period you're going for. One of the sans-serif faces, or a face with thick serifs (such as Copperplate), might work better.