Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Hoist & derrick last building progress

This is the last of the structures in the hoist and derrick company complex.  It is not complete - still awaiting details including a movable hoist above the platform.  I decided to give this structure a different look.  It has wood clapboard siding and a shingled roof.  For the shingles I used self adhesive laser cut shingles by Precision Lasercraft.  They adhered nicely to the painted cardstock roof.  The windows and doors are all commercial styrene parts.


Once I have completed the 3 structures in this complex, connected them and installed them on the layout I will add the derrick construction yard which will adjoin the above structure including it's dock.

No comments: