Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Blacksmith shop model start

I have been working on my blacksmith shop model.  The walls are being done board by board with each individual board getting a coat of gray paint, which is then sanded slightly when dry.  Then I use a single edge razor blade to create grain texture along the whole length of the board.  Last I dip them in my ink & alcohol mixture.  These boards are glued to the framing which you saw in my last post.  The framing inside is important as the wide and open front door will provide a fairly good view of the interior.  I installed one window in the right side wall.


I plan to install a fairly detailed interior which hopefully will be visible.  The structure will be near the edge of the layout so I think viewers will be able to see the interior.  I have yet to add the storage shed on the right rear.

The handles on the front doors were made from thin paper strips folded over a small strip of wood  to a "U" shape with flares then glued to the doors.

No comments: