Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Steam shovel loading gravel

The photo below shows a wood sheathed steam shovel (make unknown) loading gravel onto a traveling hopper on a field conveyor, which will then deliver the gravel load to the distant inclined conveyor, which will carry the gravel load up to what I believe is a gravel washing plant.  It appears that there is a rail line along side of the gravel washing plant with a string of gondola cars.


The steam shovel appears to be sitting on a short piece of unconnected track.  The photo is about 1916.  This would make a nice scene along a model rail line.

Next Project.

The factory workers in the industrial area I am modeling on my layout extension are unhappy that there is no place nearby for them to get lunch so my next project will be a small vintage diner.  What I think will be a nice simple project.





1 comment:

Tom said...

Neat old relic. Tom The Backroads Traveller