Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Billboard wall

I have built a stone wall with billboards on top.  Actually the stone wall is a commercial product.  The reason  for this wall is to provide separation from the Paper Box Company factory without adding yet another structure next to it.  I have not decided what will be to the right of the wall but it will likely be another structure.


The billboards are scratch built and the images are from a collection of billboard images I have accumulated.   In the early 1900s it was not uncommon to string multiple billboards together to utilize dead space on long walls or fences - sometimes around construction sites.


Above is an example of a wall of billboards.  That wall was around a construction site in New York about 1906.

My next structure will be a fairly small wood commercial business.


No comments: