Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Monday, September 7, 2015

Car to truck model conversion

I had a built model of an old style car (I believe it was from an old Dyna Models Products kit) that my father built many years ago.  The Dyna Models cast metal vehicles were interesting but fairly crude.  In any event it did not fit my layout so I decided to convert it to a truck.


I removed the figure and the convertible roof, then I ground down the little box trunk at the back.  I also lowered the steering wheel which was too high.  I repainted the vehicle a more conservative black.


I added a pickup back end and a roof.  The additions were done using card stock and wood scraps.  I like the revised vehicle better.

Dyna Models also manufactured small wood structures, some using a rubber shingle roof cover.  I found that the rubber sometimes contracted due to the type of glue used to attach it to the roof, resulting in it pulling away from the edge of the roof - BAD!  I quickly learned not to use the rubber roof covering.  Other than that, the structure kits were not bad for the time.  I do not believe Dyna Models is still in business.




No comments: