Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Tramrail on the W.H.E. factory

I have constructed the Tramrail for the warehouse handling equipment factory.  The Tramrail is made from I beams using wood structural shapes to simulate steel I beams.  The trolley that moves along the Tramrail is made from styrene.


I glued the entire structure to a manila cardstock base a little wider than the structure so I can add some scenery around the base of the structure.  The factory will be about a foot from the layout edge and behind a row of main street structures - specifically behind the blacksmith shop and the gas station.  For that reason it is easier to do the scenic detailing before the structure is installed on the layout.


There is more scenery and details to be added but I wanted to get something posted as it has been a while since the last post.  Some factors such as shoveling about 2 1/2 feet of snow and a series of  routine doctors appointments got in the way of my modeling.




No comments: