Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Monday, January 4, 2016

Well flat car model & truck kits

While thinking about what to build for my next model I finished off two kits I have been working on, one is the PRR well flat car kit by Funero & Camerlengo and the other is a Jordan Mack truck kit.


The well flat car is an interesting freight car manufactured starting in 1938 which fits my layout time era.  It has six wheel trucks and the kit supplied the truck frames but not the wheels, but I have a lot of wheel sets so that was not a problem.  I also have about a dozen six wheel trucks but they were too long for the kit so I used the kit trucks.  The load is a large cast metal gear and support frame from my scrap box.


Above is a photo of the well flat from a higher angle showing the well deck.  I secured the load with wires simulating cables.

My other project was a Jordan Mack truck kit which includes only a frame at the back - I created the truck bed.  The truck on the left is the one I just built while the one on the right I did some time ago.


I built the new one as an updated truck with more modern headlights otherwise they are essentially the same.  I will add loads when I decide what industry i want to use them for.

I have almost decided what structure to build next and am working on some sketches.  At this point it is a generic industry and I will decide what it is as time progresses.



No comments: