Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Lots of old trucks

Here are some photos of old trucks.  I find old trucks to be interesting and have modeled several of them.  I cut these photos out of old books and magazines years ago and do not recall any specifics about the locations or exact time frames.


The photo above shows lots of trucks in a big city location, apparently near the waterfront since the buildings on the left advertise steamship lines to Boston.  That would indicate this is near the North east U. S.   The street area seems a little chaotic.  Those people walking in the street seem to be taking a risk.


The above photo shows a truck either being loaded or unloaded at perhaps a warehouse.  The roof of the truck cab is apparently collapsible - perhaps canvas with a frame.  The windshield also looks to be  partially folded back.  That is a really big box they are handling.  There seems to be a front license plate at the top of the radiator - different from what I am used to seeing.

Next model

I have decided to build a trackside platform for my next model.  It has a roof and structures at each end.


No comments: