Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Cleveland Tractor

The Cleveland Tractor company was established in 1916 and eventually ceased production in 1966.  Their product shown here was designed for hauling industrial products.  They were quite flexible in their use.  The photo below shows a small track operated flat car being hauled or pushed outside of an industrial warehouse.  The tractor is 52 inches high and 50 inches high.  It is 96 inched long.



The photo is approximately from the early 1920's.   The load is mixed but appears to be mostly wood barrels.  Below is a diagram photo.


This would make an interesting model - does not appear that it would be too hard to build.

I am currently building a Wheel Works cast metal truck kit with modifications.  More on this later.

I have also decided my next structure build will be a small carpentry shop.  I have sketched it out and started construction.


No comments: