Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Dynamite railroad car accident 1913

There was a railroad accident in Park City, Utah in 1913.  Fortunately it did not result in an explosion.  A switching engine and ore cars got away from the crew and crashed into a car containing 30,000 pounds of Hercules powder.  Fortunately despite the cars being forced to travel over 200 feet there was no explosion.  The powder was scattered along the right-of-way.


You can see the tender embedded in the rail car.


Here you can see the relatively long train.


I am not sure what railroad this was.  In this time period the D&RG railroad and the Union Pacific were serving the are.

My model work continues and I will be posting some photos of it soon.


No comments: