Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Building under destruction

My next model will be a building that is in the process of being torn down.   I enjoy making structures that are weathered and deteriorated.  This structure will be that to the extreme.  The interesting thing about a deteriorated structure is that you see the details of the interior framework.  Various modelers have built structures of this nature.  One memorable building demolition model was built by the notable late modeler Earl Smallshaw,  but there have been many of various sizes and types by many modelers.

I have built a few damaged structures but this is intended to be more detailed and extensively damaged.


Above is a simple fire damaged structure I built years ago.


Above is a grain elevator destroyed by a storm in the early 1900's.


Above is a photo of a large building being torn down.

The structure I am working on now will be a two story building with a footprint of about 20 by 30 feet with a small single story addition.  About half of the structure will be torn down with the interior framework visible.  The structure will be located somewhat in front of the soap factory.



No comments: