Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Building supply company complete

I have completed the building supply company and it is installed on the layout.  For the last week I have been mostly building and painting details for the yard area.  That takes a long time.  The fence around the yard is an old Alloy Forms chain link fence kit with modifications.


I have distributed a variety of building supplies around the inside of the fence and around and inside the shed area.  Some are commercial parts and some are scratch built.  I will describe a few of them.


On the right is an outhouse next to the building and to the right of the outhouse is a sand bin with a loader in front of it.  To the right of the sand bin is a stack of "concrete" water pipes.  I made the water pipes from paper straws with a strip of paper around one end for the connector to string the pipes together.  I liberally coated the pipes with tan acrylic paint.  At the near right, inside the fence, is a pile of stone blocks made from Hydrocal pieces.  In between the concrete pipe and the stones are a pile of steel beams and several stacks of bricks. On the right side of the main building there are ladders stacked.


Next to the center of the main building are stacks of concrete blocks - commercial products.  Also several commercial cable reels.


In the shed area are stacked sacks of cement,  compressed gas bottles, and some wheel barrows.

I added a number of figures, some doing work and others loafing.  If anyone has questions either, send me a Gmail or post a comment and I will answer.

Now I need to decide what my next project will be.  In the mean time I will be building an SS Ltd concrete mixer to add to the yard area.  As always,  the SS Ltd kits have great detail but are a pain to build.









No comments: