Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Boat outfitter company model planning

My next waterfront structure will be a boat outfitter company.  This company repairs small boats and provides modifications to larger boats.  This industry will be located to the left of the Harbor Inn and will be a "U" shaped structure with the open yard part of the "U" facing the water.  There will be a crane on the dock to lift small boats and a gantry inside of the yard for lifting items being worked on. I think this will be fun.


Above is a photo I took of the Portland, Maine waterfront in 1994.  It just gives a flavor of what waterfront industries look like.


Above is a photo of a boat handling facility.  The variety of these is extensive so almost anything should work.

I have installed the Harbor Inn on the layout and have started doing some scenicing work.


No comments: