Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Friday, October 27, 2017

Back-dated truck body model

I had an old, cheap plastic truck body which I back-dated and modified to use on my layout.  I removed the dual rear wheel sets, changed from double tires to single tires, repainted and added details on the front.  I then added new lettering using some old 125 Line dry transfers for the Sears and  Roebuck company.  I finished with some chalk weathering.



The truck trailer will be placed at some industry loading dock.  There is no truck front end,    I used an old truck image as an inspiration guide.


Sears bought out Mr. Roebuck many years ago and it became just Sears. That company has declined over the years.

The 125 Line dry transfers were produced many years ago by Irv Schultz who had a nice line of vintage dry transfers.  He also had a nice vintage shelf layout called the St. Clair & Northern.  There were several articles on his layout in Model Railroader magazine back in the 1970's.

Next Model

My next industry model will be an industrial vacuum cleaner company.  I am finding it harder and harder to come up with new ideas for industry models.  Vacuum cleaners were invented in the early 1900s and refined over time.  Below is a photo of an early industrial vacuum cleaner.


I am currently drawing sketches of how i will build my model.




No comments: