Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Industrial vacuum co model start

I have started on the industrial vacuum company model - just three walls of the shop building at this point.  There will be a building or more of different styles attached  to the open end.   I am planning to make this look like an older industry that grew over time with various additions.  I will also be building one or more industrial vacuum cleaner models - likely sitting on the loading dock.



I also added an additional section to my layout inside of the "C" shaped addition I have been working on.  This will provide me with some additional space for structures and industries.


You can see the brush company model at the lower left.  The industrial vacuum company will be to the left of the brush company.


Above you can see the open space on the layout.  This is likely the last expansion I can make actually attached to the existing layout.

Years ago I visited a friend who lived in Phoenix Arizona,  His name was Fred (Phread) Henderson.  He was a frequent contributor to the NMRA Bulletin when Whit Towers was editor.  Phread built his layout in a small spare bedroom.  The last time I visited him he had expanded his layout to cover the entire bedroom area with the exception of a small pop-up area in the center of the room.  To get to the pop-up hole you had to crawl under the layout (on a carpet).  I do not recall how he reached much of the layout from there but it may have been by walking on the surface of the layout.  His model railroad was called the Unlikely & Improbable - a fun style layout such as my father had with his Troll & Elfin model railroad.  I will not be doing anything like Phread did.


No comments: