Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Various vehicle kits built

Over the last few weeks I have assembled four vehicle kits.  The two vehicles on the left are cast metal kits acquired from an estate of a friend who had a bad habit of removing the instructions from kits, so I have no idea of the manufacturer.  The blue auto is a kit produced by Greg's Garage, and is a solid resin casting with a yellow tint.  It is not a great kit but came out OK.  The 4th kit on the right was made by Williams Brothers - a manufacturer apparently still in business.  It was cast in clear plastic and is hollow.  It had a lot of casting ridges that needed to be removed.


These will be placed at various locations on the layout.

The hardware store model is progressing and should be finished some time next week.  I just finished the roof which is shingled - a tedious process.  I am now constructing the front porch roof.  I spent a lot of time constructing interior details for the inside front thinking they would be visible through the large windows - not so much - oh well.

Below is a drawing I made years ago for my 2005 Christmas card.  I used to draw and paint Christmas cards and cards for other occasions but not so much any more.  Sadly many of my friends I used to exchange cards with have passed away - a result of getting old.


There is a fold  across the image since I folded it to store it.  I also painted some cards using oil or acrylic paints.  I used to watch the Bob Ross videos, he was an interesting guy.

And below is another cartoon cut from a newspaper year ago



No comments: