Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Hardware store model start

Here is the start of my old hardware store model.  I first began by modifying a DPM resin kit but soon realized it was not a fit for what I was trying to achieve so that went into a box for maybe later.  This structure will adjoin the old house I just built.  The roof will be shingled.  There will be a front porch with lots of "stuff" on it and a roof/porch above it.  I plan to have some interior detail near the front of the inside since the front windows are fairly large.


Below is a view of the rear of the structure.


I am not yet sure what other details this structure will have since I make these things up as I go along - that is the fun of it.

Below is a very old cartoon apparently from a newspaper as I has gardening ads on the back.  I just think it is a fun cartoon.



More to come next year.

Happy New Year!





No comments: