Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Shovel factory model start

My next model will be a shovel factory.  It will consist of three connected structures, the factory building,  a storage building and an office building.  The first structure I am building is the factory which is a brick structure with a flat roof.  The forth wall which has not been constructed will effectively be part of the attached storage building.



The windows are by Tichy and the small door is a cheap plastic casting of unknown origin.  Due to the openness of this structure I will need to add some interior detail. The brick walls are thin plastic brick material glued to wood backing.

Below are some photos of prototype factories which I use for ideas - not to be copied.



The first is a photo I took on a trip to North Carolina.  The second is from an old industrial book.



No comments: