Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Thursday, December 13, 2018

Flat bed truck for hauling big loads

I have finished the flat bed truck made using the cab of an old plastic hook & ladder fire engine.  This truck will be hauling a steam shovel.  The modifications were made using wood, card stock and plastic - all wheels are commercial.


The flat bed swivels slightly  for turns.


The head lights were made from short sections of dowel sanded to a rounded cone at the back.  After the steam shovel is installed I will add liftable ramps at the back for loading and unloading.

The steam shovel is a Vintage Vehicles kit (no longer available) and it is complex.  I have finished the base part and will post it installed on the truck next week.

I have decided what my next structure will be - another small business. Build build build!!


No comments: