Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Monday, February 25, 2019

Locomotive water crane

While deciding what to model next I built an HO locomotive water crane from a Durango Press kit I acquired many years ago.  Not sure where I will install this but it was a simple kit with poor instructions.  I made a few modifications.  Under the platform is a series of metal pipes which are not visible - kind of a waste though I made the platform section on the near side liftable if you actually  want to see the pipes.


To the left of the water column is a control wheel, and on this end of the base is the end of the pipe that presumably connects to a water source.


Above is a picture of a reefer icing platform located in Salisbury Maryland vintage 1922,  Just something else to round out this post.

My next model will be a small 2 story wood structure with an attached garage.  Not sure yet what it will be but I will figure that out as I progress.  It will be some sort of an industry or business.



No comments: