Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Monday, April 22, 2019

Electric power company trouble car

The prototype of the electric power company I am modeling had what they called a trouble car which was used to respond to trouble issues to determine what needed to be done, and if simple - to do the repair.  Apparently they used Ford vehicles.  They also used trucks for more complex repair issues.



These photos have been replaced - better than before.



The basis of my car was a long out of production Snap-a-roo kit by a company called Aurora.


Above is a photo of the kit and instructions.  I made made many modifications and additions.


And here is a side view of the prototype.  The rear of the car had various compartments for tools and basic parts.


Above is a rear view of the prototype.  Since the model car is so small I found it difficult to detail the rear compartment area.  Building this took way more time than I expected.


No comments: