Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Monday, April 8, 2019

Industrial electric contractor co complete

My industrial electric contractor company is now complete (except for a few additional details - hey - when is any model totally complete?).  I added a paper base that extends around the model on all sides to allow for adding details and scenery - more scenery to come.


The porch on the right is the office.  The thing that took the most time since the last posting was the shingles - always a tedious and non-fun part of any structure.  The shingles are by BEST.


The view above shows the platform with a pile of cable drums and some electric components that go on the poles.  You can also see the upper floor hoist on the right.


I added four figures, three seen here and one sitting on the porch.


Above at the right you can see a power transformer sitting on a pallet ready to be used at a customer site, and a rack of wood poles to be used for installation to hold wires.

I will be adding some more scenery and details around the base on the paper ground cover, and then i will be building a portable pole erecting derrick and some interesting specialized trucks. I am having fun with this model.


No comments: