Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Autoclave shop

I am part way through construction of the extraction plant autoclave shop.  The autoclave heats the bark shavings in water under pressure to create liquid extract for tanneries.  I have a number of pictures of vintage autoclaves but no pictures of how they are connected so I will use my imagination to create the machinery involved.  Thus far I have constructed most of the building not including the roof.


The building consists of an internal wood frame covered with corrugated metal sheets.  I inserted three large industrial windows to hopefully allow the machinery inside to be seen after the roof is installed.


Below is a view of the internal wood frame.


The floor is card stock.

I have partially created the autoclaves and am designing how everything is connected.  Hopefully I am close to what actually existed.


No comments: