Welcome

This blog presents my thoughts, information and activities in my model railroading world.

Friday, May 8, 2020

Autoclave shop machinery

It has taken me a while to create the autoclave machinery.  The research was time consuming and the construction was tricky.  I never found the information on how the vintage autoclave machinery functioned so I made my own decisions on that.  The basics are that there was an input pipe for the liquid and a drain pipe for resulting extract.  There was also the need to feed the ground bark into the autoclave.  Below is my representation.


I built two autoclaves with an access platform behind them and a drain pipe with a drain pump.  When I install it there will be a feed pipe that will extend over the platform from the back.  There will also be gears above the autoclaves to turn them.  The bark is fed from above.


Above is a rear view.  Below are some diagrams of vintage autoclaves.



When I researched online I could only find modern or semi modern autoclaves.  The ones I show above are from some of my old industry books.



No comments: